FORUMS: list search recent posts

timeline animations and actionscript

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe jukes
timeline animations and actionscript
on Nov 12, 2008 at 4:46:21 pm

Hi.

I am making a totally flash based website for a client.
I have the main site working perfectly so there is no probs.
I created a small animation, just a waving figure, as a separate project, which i was going to export as a .swf, then import.

all well and good so far. on the small waving animation i scripted it so that he would wave, then pause for three seconds, then wave again, in a loop. this works perfectly, so i exported it as a .swf.(at this point it still works fine in the stand alone flash player.

upon importing it to my main site, all works absolutely fine, EXCEPT, the little guy waves constantly without a pause. Now i am seriously about to throw my beloved Mac out of the window. I just DONT KNOW what is wrong!!

can anyone help me please????

Joe

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: timeline animations and actionscript
on Nov 18, 2008 at 6:33:39 pm

First, make sure that the framerate is the same on both projects. If it's 15 frames per second, then every 15 frames is one second. Then, after the last wave finishes, extend the frames out 45 frames from that spot and put actionscript that says gotoAndPlay(1). So, after the guy stops waving, he doesn't do anything for 45 frames, then it starts again. If you never changed the frame rate in the beginning, it should be set at 12, so go 36 frames out.

P.S. You will need to add frames on all layers at that last mark, so that you guy still shows up.

Best of providence,
Sam

Return to posts index

joe jukes
on Nov 19, 2008 at 11:53:02 am

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I have already done that as a work around, but I would like to be able to understand why it doesn't work in actionScript! Its strange, cos as I mentioned in the original post, it works using setInterval no probs as a stand alone animation, just that when I import it as a .swf into my main timeline it doesnt.

Arghhh!!

Thanks again though.

Joe

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Nov 19, 2008 at 1:48:23 pm

Have you tried using loadMovie or a movie clip loader to load it in externally?

Return to posts index

joe jukes
on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:43:04 pm

on the original animation the code was:

stop();
var interval:Number = setInterval(
function():Void {
gotoAndPlay(1);
clearInterval(interval);
},
);

then i saved that as a swf and imported into my main site, and the pause stopped working....which i thought was weird cos it was a self contained project.

so i re saved the original swf without any script, and re imported it, and then added the same script, attached to the movieclip, using loadMovie.

My lack of knowledge with actionscript is blindingly real though. I might have got any number of things wrong!!

joe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]