FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash video must completely download

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Pimentel
flash video must completely download
on Nov 4, 2008 at 5:55:54 am

I rendered a .mp4 file in sony vegas and brought it into Flash Professional CS3.

I used the FLVPlayback component and typed in filename.mp4 for the source. I then exported the flash movie and it looked great. I then when to publish settings and published the .swf file for the video. I then had a .swf for the video, .swf for the player and skin and the .mp4 video file.

I went into dreamweaver and inserted a "flash" file, which is the .swf file I published in Flash Professional CS3. I uploaded the .swf for the video, skin and player as well as the .mp4 file to my website host.

When I go to my webpage I see the video skin it flahes a green and gray stripe pattern that shows the video is downloading. The problem is the video will not play until it has ocmpletely downloaded. I want a viewer to be able to play the video within a few seconds of going to the page and have the video continue downloading as they watch it.

Since I am not using a .flv file I do not have the option of choosing a progressive download so that it will play once enough of the video has downloaded.

Is there a way to achieve this with the method I am using? If I could figure out how to take my .mp4 and create a .flv video file I could do it in Dreamweaver when I insert "Flash Video" as a progressive download. Is there a way to convert my .mp4 file to a .flv in Flash Professional CS3 or Dreamweaver?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]