FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Philip
Flash Video
on Oct 25, 2008 at 3:10:17 am

I have a video that I created to go onto a website. The video was originally recorded on green screen to be superimposed on the website with transparency. I exported the video file from Final Cut Pro as a FLV file.

I would like to know what player I can view this file on and do I need additional software to get this on to a website? For example, do I need to find a specific hosting company that specializes in Flash? This video is only a snippet. The rest of the site is HTML.

The video is a full body shot explaining products and services. I keyed out the background and want the person to be superimposed over the website background. I noticed in Final Cut Pro that when I play the time line it doesn't show the checkerboard background anymore -it's now black. I'm not sure how it will turn out once loaded on the website.

I hope I'm doing this right. I know it works for video, but not sure about web implementation with a transparent background. Sorry to sound so redundant. It's getting really late.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Flash Video
on Oct 25, 2008 at 11:57:51 am

Normally, you can check your video in any good player like VLC Player, or KMPlayer, however, it's unlikely that these players support Alpha encoded .flv's, so it would either just show as a black background, or not at all.

You -did- check alpha channel encoding, when you encoded your video in Final Cut, right? Only the On2 codec supports alpha channel encoding. The Sorenson Spark codec does not.

Once you have your alpha channel .flv, the best way to check it, would probably be in flash. Just put some random shape on the stage, import your video on top of those and see if it works.

Once you're sure it works, bring the video either into flash (file > import) and publish as an .swf or import it directly using dreamweaver (this will create the .swf automatically). Then you need to put that file in a div (html) and change the z-index (using CSS) so that the div with the .swf code is placed on top of your other content.

You don't need any specialized hosting since flash (as opposed to PHP or ASP, which is server-side) is a client-side application. So as long as your users have the flash plugin installed, they will be able to see it.

Kind regards,

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved