FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video Sillouette

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph Wilkins
Flash Video Sillouette
on Oct 23, 2008 at 2:01:05 pm

Have you seen those websites where a keyed person appears as a video clip - layerd right on top of a website, then disappear, leaving the website underneath live? It's not an embedded flash video like we often use...

How do they do that?

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
Re: Flash Video Sillouette
on Oct 24, 2008 at 6:00:32 pm

1 - "chroma key" your background video (prepared from filming process) in your NLE (I use Vegas which is great).
2 - render video and convert to FLV with alpha channel (empty background) included.
3.- Import your background-less FLV video in flash web-section (movie clip or whatever).
4.- Done ... very fun.....

kind regards

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com

Return to posts index

joseph Wilkins
on Oct 24, 2008 at 6:20:00 pm

Thanks for this, but that part I understand... what I dont get is how they lay it on top of the website... it's like a video that goes on top of live links that you can click

Am I making sense?

Return to posts index

Enrique Orozco
on Oct 24, 2008 at 6:33:34 pm

...maybe useless buttons are "part" of the edited video and then superimpose "transparent" real buttons to click in flash ... just guessing, but something interesting and worth to try.... hope some experts give us a better tip...

regards

Enrique Orozco R.
http://www.dvideostudio.com

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Oct 24, 2008 at 7:52:01 pm

There's two seperate methods to do this:

Either using css's Z-index property to create an overlay div that's put on top of your other content (however, this means you can't click on any links or select any text that's 'hidden' behind that div.

Or, you can recreate parts of your website in Flash and make it seem like a html webpage. Fortis had a website that used to do that... Probably won't be online anymore, but there's a link somewhere in these boards.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]