FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to Flash and need help ASAP.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Mendez
New to Flash and need help ASAP.
on Oct 8, 2008 at 12:22:17 am

Hello,

So far in learning flash I feel the simpliests things are the most frustrating. Even more frustrating is that not only is it not intuitive at all finding help is next to impossible. Please help I'm at my wits end here.

All I want to do is have a Website viewer click one of four buttons.

Then have a movieclip play from whatever page they are currently viewing to act as a transition.

Once that movieclip is over I want the page the user selected to appear.

Not before and if Possible I would like to do this with out loading external .swf files.

Is there a way to do this?

My website is a simple portfolio and I want to keep it only four pages. Your help would be appreciated as I could really use the help.

Thanks
MM

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
Re: New to Flash and need help ASAP.
on Oct 10, 2008 at 10:55:34 am

Have you tried following along with the tutorials from CreativeCow?

http://library.creativecow.net/tutorials/adobeflash#ross_tony

Build A Basic Site Using AS3 in Flash by Tony Ross should help you.

Clint

Return to posts index

Mario Mendez
Re: New to Flash and need help ASAP.
on Oct 10, 2008 at 9:47:57 pm

Thanks for responding to my post Clint.

But maybe I should be a little more specific. I know the basics of creating a flash navigation and have already built a simple site using Flash 8 with Actionscript 2.0.

What I need help with is some sort of script that when a button is selected it plays a transitional movieclip I designed (not a preloaded transition that comes with flash) then once the clip is done the site then takes the user to the destination of the button selected.

Effectively this would create a unique transition OUT of each page in my timeline. A transition in is easily made with a GotoAndPlay.

Does anyone have any info on this seemingly easy command. I have been more frustrated in learning Flash than any other program. Can anyone point me in the right direction? That would be appreciated.

Thanks.
MM

Hollywood quality isn't always found in Hollywood.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]