FORUMS: list search recent posts

to create animation in flash or AE

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tim litostansky
to create animation in flash or AE
on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:03:55 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a novice at flash and pretty well versed in AE. I was approached to create a small animated flash ad and was curious about something. If I create the animation in AE and bring it into flash, as opposed to creating everything in Flash, would that affect size, quality, etc? Bottom line, which method would be better? I am confident enough with flash to do it all there, but AE would be faster and more flexible for me. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: to create animation in flash or AE
on Oct 1, 2008 at 5:41:55 pm

It does affect size, especially if you have to rasterize anything. Try to keep it all vectors. I know adobe.com has documentation on this as well as adobe help viewer. Text stays vector as long as there is no effects. You can always add drop shadows, blur, and bevels later in Flash. Illustrator files stay vector as long are no gradients.

Some one here may know a bit more about this than me.

Ive found that AE is great for complicated text animations. Things that would be take for ever in in Flash are easy in AE.

I dont know what you are doing but you may want to to some things in AE and export a swf to import to a fla and some of the animation with in Flash.

Adam Ashby
mutli-media artist
http://www.adamashby.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]