FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash buttons and rollover to url problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clayton Harwood
Flash buttons and rollover to url problem
on Sep 30, 2008 at 4:34:19 pm

I have 4 flash buttons that I want to go to different parts of my website, I am using this code on each button:

on(release) {
getURL("services.html");
}

Which takes me to my pages but the rollover effect stopped working.

Any ideas on how to get the rollover effect to work and make the button go to the url?

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
Re: Flash buttons and rollover to url problem
on Oct 2, 2008 at 10:06:10 pm

Hi,

can you explain a little better what you mean?

Return to posts index

Clayton Harwood
on Oct 3, 2008 at 4:40:31 pm

when I put my code in, the rollover effect stopped working, the buttons work and go to the different parts of my website which is good but I really like the rollover effect, does this help?

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
on Oct 3, 2008 at 9:55:55 pm

can you send me the .fla for one of the buttons?
i can tell you one way of getting around this, but i'm sure there is a simple solution to why you are having this problem...

One way of getting around it that i know of, is you could put another layer on your page, ontop of your button layer, and draw a square over the button, convert the square to a symbol, a button, and attach the code to that symbol. Then, change the new button properties to make the line and fill colour transparent, and drop the layer below the origional button layer. This isn't a cure for your problem, but it is a solution that works if you can't send things out and if no one else replies for you...

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]