FORUMS: list search recent posts

A few AS3 questions

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
A few AS3 questions
on Sep 23, 2008 at 9:56:01 pm

Hello, another newbie issue here. I've successfully jumped from LiveMotion to flash, learned the animating and drawing tools and learned a few bits of code in AS3 to accomplish buttons, timeline controls, and hyperlinks. Now I need some secret info on pull down menus. My menus work. Basically a button, that when moused over tells another timeline to display the drop down. And to get the drop down to go away I put a hidden button behind the drop down, (but larger in height and width) that sends you back to the beginning of the drop down timeline where there are no drop downs. It's all AS3.

So, the little problem I have is that when I mouse over a button, the drop down appears, but as I move down off the button, the button reverts to it's normal state. I'd like it to remain in the over state as long as the drop down is visible. Is there some nifty as3 code that can control button states even when there isn't a mouse over it?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Tony? :)

PS - Thanks Tony for the AS3 "colors" tutorial. It got me started on AS3 and resisted using AS2. BTW - is there a way to take the "" concept and attribute it to a url link? So I could have the clicks send me to a url instead of a label? I'd like it to send it to / so that it sends it to the site directory with the same name of the instance. That would eliminate so much url coding!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved