FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making the jump from LiveMotion

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
Making the jump from LiveMotion
on Sep 18, 2008 at 9:27:14 pm

Hey guys,

As an After Effects guy, I naturally chose LiveMotion over Flash years ago. I make a few websites and LiveMotion has continued to suit my limited flash needs. But I'm making the jump with a new site. And first, I'm trying to learn what I know in LiveMotion. LiveMotion works in Leopard still btw.

Anyway, the learning is going well, and I'm getting used to all the oddities of movie clips instead of nests, etc. The keyframing is archaic even in CS3! LM from 2002 was simpler. I'm trying to duplicate a simple pan and scan of images like I used to, and I've figured it out. However, the results are much jumpier than the livemotion results.

Here's the LM example http://www.annapolissailingfitness.com/
And here's a rough start to a new similar project (the client liked the sailing thing)
http://bretwilliams.com/cowstuff/home.html

As you can see the "talented professionals" is jumping all over the place. It's a very small file so far - 172k. The large jpegs are compressed at 33%. However they are large in scale. I had to shrink them down to half their size or more. Could that be the issue?

It's created very simply. The text animates over a still. Those elements are turned into a movie clip. That movie clip is then panned across in it's own movie clip. That movie clip is in the main scene with a matte layer.

That's it. What's the trick to gettting nice smooth text motion in this case?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Making the jump from LiveMotion
on Sep 18, 2008 at 10:52:03 pm

Ha! Fixed it. I changed the anti-alias of the text to anti-alias for motion. Sweet. Much better than the LM version.

I also resized the bgrnd image so it wasn't being so drastically scaled down with flash, but that didn't help. It reduced the file size in half though. Down to 88k now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]