FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frustration over multiple videos please help!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Mendez
Frustration over multiple videos please help!
on Sep 18, 2008 at 5:50:25 am

Can anyone please help me find a way to do this. I'm learning flash on my own and even the expensive Total Training Videos I bought do not have the answer.

I am simply trying to create a video gallery of my work as a broadcast designer and editor.

I have learned to use an XML to generate a playlist to play my flv files. And have even seen the accordian video component that does the same. I am using Flash 8 Actionscript 2.0.

The problem I have with the playlist/accordian is that its not very pretty and doesn't mesh with my overall site design.

I want to create custom buttons that will simply load and reload different movies into one player that could then control them. But nowhere can I find HOW to use buttons to control my XML playlist.

Any help would be appreciated.
MM

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: Frustration over multiple videos please help!
on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:41:16 pm

Hello-
Don't know if this will help, but does this look like something you want:

http://ar-tist.com/ar-tist/video/

If so, the code is pretty basic and no XML

Let me know

Tony

Return to posts index

Mario Mendez
on Sep 18, 2008 at 4:45:54 pm

Yes! That is almost exactly what I'm looking for. I would like to add text descriptions of the video the user clicked on...but thats easy. Its getting the different videos into the same player. The only reference to doing so with multiple clips was with an XML.

So I'm obviously missing something obvious. Please enlighten me.

Thanks a ton!!
Mario

Hollywood quality isn't always found in Hollywood.

Return to posts index

Debbie Bulling
on Sep 26, 2008 at 5:39:56 pm

I have a similar issue. I have a website for an advertising agency and on one of the portfolio pages, I have a list of tv commercials that users can select to view. The loading of the videos works fine, but if a user selects one and then selects another without first stopping the first one, the sound from both videos plays at the same time. I also have the issue that when the user leaves that page (which is one frame in the timeline) the sound continues to play. I noticed that in the link that you posted, if the video is playing and you close that link the sound continues to play. That is not acceptable to me and I would like a way to have the sound stop either when a new video is selected or when the user leaves the current frame of the timeline.

I have built the entire web site using Flash and AS3. Each of the pages in the site is a new frame in the main timeline. The portfolio page with the tv commercials is nested in the portfolio page movie clip.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Debbie

Return to posts index

Tim Flora
on Jan 14, 2009 at 8:00:51 pm

Would this type of setup work with FlashVR files? I am pretty new to Flash and am not sure if FlashVR files can be treated the same way as .flv files. In a nutshell I have a bunch of 360 degree photos that I want to put into a flash gallery - something simple. thanks.

http://www.filmeditingtips.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Chaffy Huns
on Aug 9, 2009 at 2:19:43 am

I am struggling to achive the same thing.Can you please send me this code. It looks like what I want to do, I appreciate your assistance.

Regards!
Chaffy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]