FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie facing 2 problems with UILoaders/components

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Land
Newbie facing 2 problems with UILoaders/components
on Sep 14, 2008 at 10:56:20 pm

I'm facing two problems when I publish my .swf to Dreaweaver for live viewing...

First, the images I've scripted to an image loader don't show up when tested in Firefox/Safari/Opera etc. When I test the movie within Flash it works fine. It's only in the transfer to Dreaweaver that the problem occurs... the button effects work well (bevel & emboss + knockout when clicked), there's just no result within the UILoader when they are clicked. My only guess is it may be due to the file paths associated with each image. But why would they test well inside of Flash and not Dreamweaver? Please help!

Second - and I have no idea on this one - my UIScrollbar's 'hotzones' are always to the right of the actual scrollbar. I have to click and hold outside the scrollbar to make it move... During design I used the standard component element and placed it in the text fields. The text fields are all instantiated properly and linked in parameters - so the scrollbars work, just, uh, not that well.
My knowledge of AS 3.0 isn't so good, but would it fix the problem if I scripted them 'by hand'? If so, what's the code that should be used?

Scanned the forums up and down for an answer without much luck. Please help!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Newbie facing 2 problems with UILoaders/components
on Sep 15, 2008 at 12:30:37 am

Hello Mike, I don't know much about components, but if you want, you can send me the files and I shall have a looksie :)

doccie [AT] gmail [DOT] com.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]