FORUMS: list search recent posts

tracing a bitmap sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lon Waitman
tracing a bitmap sequence
on Sep 13, 2008 at 5:40:33 am

How can I trace a bitmap sequence in Flash CS3? (other than by tracing each image one at a time) I tried just choosing all the images and applying the bitmap trace, but it only traces one frame.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: tracing a bitmap sequence
on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:26:55 am

It can't be done in Flash. You can use Illustrator and import the resulting files into Flash later on, or if you don't have Illustrator, looking for "batch bitmap trace" should point you in the direction of some freeware tools that do pretty much the same. (Although Illustrator's Live Trace is exceptionally good.)

Read the chapter on Batch Processing.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:28:08 am

Also... Be careful with traced sequences... They can really slow things down.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Lon Waitman
on Sep 13, 2008 at 7:49:36 pm

Thanks, Pieter. I finally figured out how to use Adobe Bridge with Illustrator to do batch traces.

Return to posts index

Alan Cook
on Oct 1, 2008 at 9:09:12 am

You can also use the extension found here:

http://www.toonmonkey.com/traceSequence.mxp

Bind it to a shortcut and away you go.

This would depend on you being satisfied with Flash's built-in trace function.. if you are, then go for it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]