FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble playing Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Ardigo
Trouble playing Flash
on Sep 12, 2008 at 2:27:37 pm

Hi Guys!

I did a video on Adobe Premiere CS3 for a client who asked me to convert it to flash (flv). So I did it using Macromedia Flash 8 Video Encoder. The only problem is when I double click on the file itself it opens the Macromedia Flash player 8 and doesn't play anything. I tried to play it on Adobe Media Player and it worked badly, jumping frames.
I really don't know what I am doing wrong. My client will use this video on their website.

Thank you very much

Alex

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Trouble playing Flash
on Sep 12, 2008 at 2:36:11 pm

You can't play a .flv in Flash Player, Flash Player will only play an .flv with a skin that has been exported as an .swf.

Open Flash CS3, go to File > Import > Import Video... and complete the wizard.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alexandre Ardigo
on Sep 12, 2008 at 10:43:52 pm

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your help, it's been really useful. Now I got stuck in another problem, I don't know whether I should start a new topic. Unfortunally, I don't have Adobe Flash CS3, only Macromedia Flash Professional 8.
The problem is when I import the AVI file or flash (flv) to Flash Professional it changes its original size (720x480). Even customizing it to 720x480 and checking the box to 'maintain aspect ratio' it comes weird like 16:9 format playing in a 4:3.

Thanks for all your help

Alex

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Sep 13, 2008 at 1:16:05 am

You might want to try a 3rd party encoder if your problems insist.

I hear Riva is decent :)

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]