FORUMS: list search recent posts

Play music across scenes so it will work when exported into a quciktime file

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Holm
Play music across scenes so it will work when exported into a quciktime file
on Sep 11, 2008 at 3:37:48 am

We are making a full length animated music video and are trying to find ways to have it go more smoothly.

There are a ton of characters, props, ect, so it seemed more practical to break it up into scenes. However, we are not sure how to get the music play across all scenes. It is very important to have it sync right since characters need to "sing".

More than likely, the music video will be exported into a quicktime file.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Play music across scenes so it will work when exported into a quciktime file
on Sep 11, 2008 at 10:32:57 am

You -really- should -never ever- use scenes. :) There are so many problems with scenes that it's not even funny anymore and by God I cannot see why Adobe keeps supporting them.

Anyhoo, maybe this will give you the answer:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/190/860675 (the solution is basically to copy/paste all your scenes into one scene as movieclips (the way every project -should- be built). I know it's very tempting to use scenes as a newcomer, but really, they are nothing but trouble.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]