FORUMS: list search recent posts

AS2.0 Linkage Question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pablo rendon
AS2.0 Linkage Question
on Sep 10, 2008 at 12:35:53 am

I am attempting to change my linkage identifier as each one must be unique unto itself, so i right ctrl click select linkage and the following dilemma is what i encounter.The identifier box where FLVplayback is listed is grayed out, in spite of which options i select, import or export for runtime sharing,etc... the identifier is still not clickable/changeable.

Can anyone shine any light on the this???

the file is an imported quicktime turned .flv and is set to be a progressive download. i mention this only for the fact that it may have some relevance to my current issue.

any and all help is appreciated.

thanks to all at the cow

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: AS2.0 Linkage Question
on Sep 10, 2008 at 1:03:52 am

You can only have on FLVPlayback component in your library at a time. You need to drag instances of that FLVPlayback component onto the stage and add a contentPath (basically a link to where your file is, usually something like mymovie.flv or myFolder/myMovie.flv) via the Parameters window.

So:

- open library
- drag FLVPlayback component onto the stage
- click on FLVPlayback compenent
- at the bottom of the screen, look for the Properties panel. You should see the Parameters panel next to it. Click on that.
- look for 'contentPath' in the list of parameters.
- rinse and repeat for your other movies
- make sure only ONE FLVPlayback component is in your library.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

pablo rendon
Re: AS2.0 Linkage Question (clarification question)
on Sep 10, 2008 at 1:56:29 am

thanks for the quick response.much appreciated.

i followed your inst. and it worked like a charm.thanks.....however....

i have one more question as something is still unclear to me.

u stated that i can only have one flv component in my library. you too mentioned to rinse and repeat this process(what exactly do you mean by rinse) with my other movies which will be .flv playback components when imported. so how exactly do i maintain only one flv playabck component???

your clarification and help are appreciated.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: AS2.0 Linkage Question (clarification question)
on Sep 10, 2008 at 9:44:48 am

When you import a video, it will place a component in your library with the name "FLVPlayback". Don't change that name, flash will overwrite the component every time you import a new video so that only one component with that name will be in there no matter how many videos you import.

It will just use a copy of the component that's in your library with a different contentPath.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

pablo rendon
Re: AS2.0 Linkage Question (SWF doesn't work properly)
on Sep 10, 2008 at 11:02:28 pm

thanks for the clarification prior to this.

i did like you said, and just continued to import the videos and choose new content paths for them, and it plays fine when i preview the the site under publish preview, however when i actually export it as a SWF for my client to view the only video that is playable is the last video to have been imported. any ideas why...

any help as always is appreciated.

thanks to all at the cow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]