FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparent FLV on webpage with no skin

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robbie Andrews
Transparent FLV on webpage with no skin
on Aug 22, 2008 at 11:58:44 am

Hi there,

Flash newbie (usually over on the After Effects forums) but i've got a bit of problem.

I'm trying to get a video with transparency from AE to a swf or flv (if you can have it on a webpage without a skin).

At the moment I've tried exporting as a QT (with alpha) and then converting into flv using the Adobe Flash Video app. This creates the video with a decent size but when i import into Dreamweaver it always adds a skin.

The idea is to have a small video of a logo (so it can have some smooth transistions) but have it with transparency, no controls and looping so it looks like a image.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated,

-Robbie

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Transparent FLV on webpage with no skin
on Aug 22, 2008 at 12:14:56 pm

Hey Robbie,

Open up Flash, go to File > Import > Import Video... Browse for the QT file and click Next. If it's a small animation, choose Embed Video in SWF. Otherwise, go with Progressive download (default).

If embedded, pick Movieclip as symbol type. If the movieclip isn't directly imported to the stage, open up the Library (Window > Library), there should be a file with the name of your video in there. Just drag it onto the stage, save the flash file and Publish it (File > Publish), That'll produce an .swf, .html and AC_RunActiveContent.js file. You'll need to upload all three to your server. And you can take the code from the .html file and paste it into your website in dreamweaver.

If progressive, in the next step, Skin should be set to None. And then do the same thing like with the embedded movieclip. Save, publish, edit.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Robbie Andrews
on Aug 22, 2008 at 3:22:19 pm

Cheers for the reply Pieter.

Followed your directions and after publishing it, when i open the html created by Flash (vid.html) it won't play. I can tell that a swf with the correct dimensions is there as when you rightclick you can get flash settings. But it won't play.

Checked the code and all seem to be right, but might not be sure.

-Robbie

Return to posts index

Robbie Andrews
on Aug 22, 2008 at 3:39:27 pm

Ah realised my mistake.......

The flv wasn't in the correct folder.

lol

It seems to be fine now apart from not looping. The 'loop' checkbox is checked, is there anything else i need to check to get it to loop?

-Robbie

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Aug 22, 2008 at 4:19:50 pm

.flv files don't loop by themselves, you'll need some Actionscript. Did you create an Actionscript 2 or Actionscript 3 file?

With AS2, select your video on the stage and in the properties window, give it an instance name (i.e my_flv), then, select the frame in the main timeline and open up the Actions panel (F9).

Paste this code there:
my_flv.complete = function(eventObject:Object):Void {
this.play();
};

I don't know the exact code for AS3, but I'll look it up if you're working with an AS3 file.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Robbie Andrews
on Aug 22, 2008 at 4:54:34 pm

I've ended up embedding it in the .swf as it's only a short 5s animation so the file size of the swf isn't huge.

Thanks for your help dude.

-Robbie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]