FORUMS: list search recent posts

[CS3/AS2] Scrolling Thumbnails - rollovers, links don't work

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Boonin
[CS3/AS2] Scrolling Thumbnails - rollovers, links don't work
on Aug 17, 2008 at 11:37:21 pm

Needless to say, I am new to Flash... I did search all the posts on this forum related to the scrolling thumbnail tutorial but didn't quite see my same issues.

I think I've followed Lee's (excellent) tutorial pretty carefully and got the scrolling part working very well, but have two problems:

1) the rollover states for my buttons aren't showing up in the published .swf file and I can't figure out why. I used an stroked outline, same as in the tutorial.

2) I can't make my buttons into links that actually work. I am going into the "panel" movie, selecting each button and using the following AS:

on (release) {
getURL("", "_parent");

What I am missing? Spending two days on this so far is making me a little nutty. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Teresa Boonin
Re: [CS3/AS2] Scrolling Thumbnails - rollovers, links don't work
on Aug 19, 2008 at 4:57:36 pm

I figured this out, but the solution was very strange -- I downloaded the working files for the tutorial and copied/pasted Lee's AS code over my own. I did a doc compare to figure out what the difference was, also had my SIL, who is a web developer, look at the code, and we didn't see any difference. Go figure.

Return to posts index

Pete D'Agostino
Re: [CS3/AS2] Scrolling Thumbnails - rollovers, links don't work
on Oct 27, 2008 at 7:31:27 pm

I've had the exact same issue and have been scratching my head for two days. I may try your method and see if it works to paste his code in. How do you download Lee's working files from that Tutorial?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved