FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does AS3 play with AS2 at ALL! Trying a "thing"

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maureen Smullen
Does AS3 play with AS2 at ALL! Trying a "thing"
on Aug 16, 2008 at 4:40:07 pm

I have a feeling I know the answer to this. I have a Flash AS2 website. I have an aggregator with a Flash AS3 video player....is there ANY way (I am not AS3 savvy yet at all...not time yet to learn or REBUILD my 2.0 websites!)....

Can I import/embed an AS3 swf file of the player into my FLASH AS2 web page?

All I could come up, at this point, with is to create an html page to embed the player, but I prefer the smooth navigation of the Flash site and the navigation on the html page is all different (there is music that constantly plays in the background, uninterrupted when you browse the main site..but can just stop when I go to video....and that is the main reason for what I have done with the rest of the site.)

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Does AS3 play with AS2 at ALL! Trying a "thing"
on Aug 17, 2008 at 11:52:39 am

No. Nonononono. :) It's not possible.

You'll either have to convert your website to AS3 (There, are a few converters out there, but results are shaky... as3converter) or... Find yourself an as2 video player and customize it as you wish.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]