FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to get streaming video on a website?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Alvarez
how to get streaming video on a website?
on Aug 16, 2008 at 2:02:49 am

Hi I am extremely new to making websites. I put a simple one together though with fireworks and dreamweaver.

One of the links on my site right now goes to a youtube video that is embedded but i wanted a high quality version of it so i went back to dreamweaver and embedded a .flv movie I made. I previewed the page and it worked flawlessly. But when i upload it to my host and type in the url i get a page with a white square where the video is supposed to be.

Did I upload a file wrong or linked something wrong? So annoying I hate not knowing what im doing lol.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: how to get streaming video on a website?
on Aug 16, 2008 at 3:36:20 am

First of all, make sure you uploaded the .flv file. Second, check to see if an AC_RunActiveContent.js file was created, if so, upload that too. Usually it'll also come with a .swf file that you need to upload as well.

Kind regards,

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved