FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding new page

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alessya Labzhinova
adding new page
on Aug 5, 2008 at 9:27:09 am

I have a flash template I bought, and I am having a problem adding a new page. There is a folder in the library containing pages which are numbered, and as far as I understand there is a script which opens these pages
var showPage = function(num:Number){
_root.mayPress = false;
_root.mainPage = num;
_root.animSound.start();

var cTween:Tween = new Tween(mcLeft["page"+num], "_x", Strong.easeOut, 0, 513, .5, true);
new Tween(mcRight["page"+num], "_x", Strong.easeOut, 0, -513, .5, true);
cTween.onMotionFinished = function(){
_root.mayPress = true;
}
}

But when I add Movie clips with new number, I can't get them to show up. Am I missing something? Would really appreciate help...

Alessya

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: adding new page
on Aug 5, 2008 at 11:40:45 am

as far as I understand there is a script which opens these pages

Along with a script that actually calls that function... Each page has a number, all that function does is open a page when a button is pressed that calls that function with a parameter which holds the number of the page.

That script you pasted does squat-diddly on it's own :p

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alessya Labzhinova
on Aug 6, 2008 at 3:33:33 am

but, for some reason when I create a page and manually call it, it does not appear, however if I pass other numbers to that function (pages which came with template) it works perfectly. Also there are two movie scripts (all pages consist of left and right), which are named the same as all pages, but w/o numbers, and they seem to compile all images, text etc from all pages. I wonder if this is why the new pages I create don't appear there.

I really appreciate the help. I can send the template if that is necessary.

Thank you,
Alessya

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Aug 6, 2008 at 10:16:55 am

For one, you need to make sure that your pages are on the stage (inside the leftMC and rightMC) and that they get an instance name (in the properties panel) that corresponds to their name in the library.

If thay doesn't work, you can send it at doccie AT gmail DOT com.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alessya Labzhinova
on Aug 6, 2008 at 11:45:51 pm

Pieter,

It worked! Thank you very much for such helpful advices!

Alessya

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]