FORUMS: list search recent posts

preloader on my website won't stop looping

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Lynn
preloader on my website won't stop looping
on Aug 2, 2008 at 12:39:32 am

Ah...I'm having serious progress bar issues with my website and everytime I try a online tutorial it never seems to work.

I used the preloader component in CS3 to make a loader in a seperate swf from my main site swf file. I also made a small movie clip animation to play above the loading bar to keep people somewhat entertained. However when my site loads the loading bar goes away but the movie clip animation remains and continues to play over top of my site. I can't find code that works with CS3 to make the animation disappear when the loading bar reaches 100%. I've been trying to figure this out for days and I'm so lost, I'd appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: preloader on my website won't stop looping
on Aug 2, 2008 at 9:59:22 am

In the actionscript code for the progressbar there is supposed to be a line that will look like this:
loader_mc.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, functionName);

Then, there should also be a block of code with that same function name, starting like this:
function functionName() {
// Code goes here

Add this line of code to that function block:

Kind regards,

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved