FORUMS: list search recent posts

LoadMovie Weird Thing Happening!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph Wilkins
LoadMovie Weird Thing Happening!
on Jul 31, 2008 at 11:20:16 pm

I am at my wits end... I am hoping someone here can help me.

I bought the software swf & slide, which makes these cool 3d brochures from images... see an example on my site: http://www.pro-creative.com/bullfrog_brochure.htm

Anyway... I take this swf into a flash site I am building using the loadMovie command and load it into a movie clip on my root timeline.

Everything works great.

But.. then if I replace it by loading another external swf into the same movie clip container... then try to re-load the original file... I see the brochure, but the functionality is gone... I cannot turn the page (although it sees my mouse is there, because I can make the corner move... just not flip over to the next page...)

It is the weirdest thing and technical support at the swf n slide company are not responding to my email.

I'm begging you to solve this riddle.

Thanks a million in advance!

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: LoadMovie Weird Thing Happening!
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:42:34 pm

Weird. This is a great effect, and I've long been a fan of it. Since this is one of those unexpected results we all run across from time to time, here's what I suggest:

Suggestion 1. Create a function for loading the movie like this:

function movieLoader( whatMovie:String ):Void{
this.movieHolder.removeMovieClip();
this.createEmptyMovieClip( "movieHolder", this.getNextHighestDepth());
this.movieHolder.loadMovie(whatMovie+".swf");
}
movieLoader( "brochure" );

Removing the holder and recreating it every time might solve it. I know you shouldn't have to do it, the new content should replace the old content in the holder...but, if it works, it works.

Suggestion 2. Use the MovieClipLoader object to load the movie. Then make the brochure inactive until it's initialized.

Suggestion 3. Use the loadMovieNum call to skip the holder and add the movie directly to a level on the stage.

this.loadMovieNum("brochure.swf",this.getNextHighestDepth());
OR load it to the same level every time
this.loadMovieNum("brochure.swf", 10);

Hopefully one of these gets you past your problem Doesn't make sense that the corner animates but you can't drag. When I tested the example you provided, it seemed a little buggy. It might just be a problem with swf and slide. Let us know what you find out.

Sam

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
Re: LoadMovie Weird Thing Happening!
on Sep 21, 2008 at 10:13:09 pm

i suggest using this, dynamic, open source pageflip program. Absolutely free, i can help you with it if you like, its really quite simple once you understand it and works a bit better than what you have currently...

http://76design.com/shiftcontrol/index.php/2005/07/03/dynamic-page-flip/

regards
Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]