FORUMS: list search recent posts

.fla files from Moyea?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smith
.fla files from Moyea?
on Jul 31, 2008 at 8:53:11 pm

I've been using Moyea Flash Video MX Standard for simple conversion of .avi files to .flv & .swf files (Flash8 & H.264) and it has been working pretty well. But I've some colleagues who wish to receive .fla files from me. I understand this is the "original source file" but I can't seem to locate any file in my Moyea folder with .fla suffix.

Can I convert the Moyea .swf file to .fla? Or am I missing something? The H.264 flash files look much better than the Flash8 and that's what I prefer. Any assistance or advice to get these to .fla file would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C. Smith

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: .fla files from Moyea?
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:14:06 pm

There are several "flash decompilers" out there that are supposed to take a swf and create a .FLA. I tried the demo of Flash Decompiler Trillix, which doesn't support actionscript. Did a pretty good job, just not NEARLY as good of a job as I did ;). I heard someone talking about SoThink:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&sa=X&oi=spell&re...

Sam

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:20:58 pm

Sothink SWF Decompiler is the best available, however, last time I used it (and that is of course, kinda the idea of Object-Oriented Programming) it didn't create classes. SO, if Moyea uses custom classes, SWF Decompiler won't generate these for you.

Anyhoo, according to their website, Moyea does generate .fla files.
Perhaps a setting you missed somewhere.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Charles Smith
on Aug 1, 2008 at 3:42:11 pm

Thanks for your response. I didn't realize Moyea did .fla files. On my Moyea interface, the only files indicated that it creates when I convert an .avi to flash is .flv, .swf, HTML and Jpeg.

Do you know where the .fla is "hidden" or is it being labeled something else?

Thanks,
Chaz

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Aug 1, 2008 at 3:54:28 pm

Well, after looking at the screenshots on the website, it looks like I was wrong after all.

However, is there any particular reason why they need the .fla file? I would just load the .swf into a container movieclip in your website.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Charles Smith
on Aug 1, 2008 at 3:58:58 pm

According to the web designer, the say the Moyea files don't play on all browsers so they wanted the source file. That's what they told me as they apparently are having problems working with the Moyea files. I .ftp'ed the Moyea files (both Flash8 & H.264) with all the related files Moyea output on each clip.

They playback beautifully on my WMP9 and Adobe Media Player, I've tested them with other PC's / Browsers.... so I'm kinda scratching my head.

Thanks for your follow-up.

Chaz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]