FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash to QT

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Farrell
Flash to QT
on Jul 31, 2008 at 1:44:34 pm

Anyone have any advice for exporting a Flash to a movie format that can be rendered for YouTube? I've tried to export to QuickTime; in order to do that, Flash says you need to set the Flash Player pub settings to Flash 5... in order to make a .mov...but even when I do that, for some reason Flash keeps saying the same (change the pub settings) but fails to export.

John Farrell

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
Re: Flash to QT
on Oct 3, 2008 at 3:42:52 pm

Hi! After a LONG LONG SEARCH, I have finally found the answer to getting Quicktime out of flash. Masanori Oba at Adobe support helped me out.

You can't use the quicktime option in the publish settings. You have to do Export > Export Movie and choose quicktime.

Go to this page... most of the advice is pretty common sense (close other apps during export) but the last one really works. THIS IS DIFFERENT from the Store temp data on disk/in memory option in the export settings dialogue.

Other settings I used:
Codec - Animation (later I used quicktime to export a web version, it worked pretty well)
Quality - best
Keyframe - automatic (or every 24 frames... whichever it was on first)

For the store temp data settings I used the one recommended for longer movies (although my film is 24fps, and for the new toggle command that you download, I used whichever was not the default.

Quicktime will always be less sharp than SWF, I think that's unavoidable. You can see the original here:

.SWF Version
And the m4v will be on youtube as soon as i can figure out the compression.

You can also use a screen capture program like SnapzPro to capture your movie. This got very sharp clear results for me but for long movies the playback starts to slow down when you get about 3 minutes in... no good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved