FORUMS: list search recent posts

AS3 video, vote, download, viewed

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bogdan Oancea
AS3 video, vote, download, viewed
on Jul 31, 2008 at 8:22:01 am

Hy,

I am creating a html page, and my client wants to make a player with rating and views like on youtube. At ratings with the stars or cercles, and how many have viewed the clip, and a download link. The thing is that i have a player with a playlist that is in xml.... and all i want is to put under the player a case with this things like on youtube the ratings in the left, views in the right and the link under them :) could someone help me pls. here is the player http://www.webdesign-flash.ro/p/vp3/ it's not made by me, but i was wondering if you could please help me

Return to posts index

bogdan Oancea
Re: AS3 video, vote, download, viewed
on Jul 31, 2008 at 5:29:36 pm

no answer?? :((

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jul 31, 2008 at 11:45:09 pm

I'll look into it tomorrow. This isn't the easiest thing to do, because there are several videos in the player, where youtube only has one video per page, making it easier to connect flash and DHTML/Server-side script.

Your best bet would be to incorporate the rating system into the flash file, using loadvars to set the score.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

bogdan Oancea
on Aug 1, 2008 at 7:55:23 am

so could you please help me??? with the code/script??

Return to posts index

bogdan Oancea
on Aug 1, 2008 at 8:58:18 am

for the view i found this site.. http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/hitcounter.htm but i don't know how to make it work ... for every clip from my xml file

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
on Aug 1, 2008 at 1:01:21 pm

To make this work properly, Bogdan, you probably need a database to store information and actionscripting to handle data exchange with the database: it's enough work that unless you know how to do it you probably need to hire a programmer. What is your client willing to pay for these extra features, do you think?

Return to posts index

bogdan Oancea
on Aug 1, 2008 at 4:46:14 pm

i don't think so :(

that's why i asked here for help :((

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]