FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is flashvars what I need?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Kelly
Is flashvars what I need?
on Jul 27, 2008 at 9:05:59 pm

Hello All,

I am working on a new recruiting project that will play a set .flv of content after a personal introduction.

We don't want to create a .swf for each potential client.

What we would like to do is create just the short intro video.

Something like "Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today Mr. Smith. As i told you we would be sending you a short video about our awesome program and the new services we offer. You had mentioned you like football. I'm a huge fan. Blah Blah Blah."(in a video)

Then the constant .flv would kick in with what we are selling.

My idea is to create a .swf with a flashvar upfront(personal video) and a finishing .flv that is constant.

I have no idea if this will work or how to work with flashvars in this manner. I cannot find much on the web that explains flashvars with different .flvs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Is flashvars what I need?
on Jul 27, 2008 at 9:20:36 pm

Yup, it would seem that that is the best course of action. :)
Flashvars are very easy when using swfobject. How will those people arrive at that webpage? Will they be sent an email containing a link?

Basically, the way I would do it is create a database (MySQL, Oracle, whatever...) with two columns, one with the link to the personalized .flv the other with a random id.

You attach this random id to a link that you sent to your client...
http://www.mycompany.com/video.php?rid=40eA932zE4f32. (can easily let PHP create that random id for you of course)

Then, you get the link to the personalized flv from the database, using the ID from the link and you paste it into the javascript code of the swfobject.

If you have little experience with PHP/HTML, I'll gladly take a look at it for you.

Congratulations on your baby boy. :)

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]