FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video over HTML

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tripp Trippiano
Flash Video over HTML
on Jul 26, 2008 at 7:17:28 pm

I've seen this Flash action for years and it's near impossible to find info on it as searches go.

So, who knows how to implement green screen captured video into creating a flash file that works over HTML like found on this Web site below?

http://www.overweb3d.net

(I'm talking about the video footage of guy that walks on screen at bottom loft corner)

I'd like to know how to do this, as far as coding. Any software, scripts, etc.?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Flash Video over HTML
on Jul 26, 2008 at 9:51:15 pm

Well, I can tell you how the alha overlay works with a normal .swf. I'm quite sure that an .swf containing alpha video works the same way, but I'm not entirely sure.

Basically, all you have to do is go to File > Publish Settings... > HTML tab and set the Window Mode to Transparent windowless. This will make your background (so whichever part of the movie that is not covered by graphics/movieclips/flvs/...) transparent.

Now copy the code from the .html file that Flash generated for you and place it inside a div, like so:

[div style="position: absolute; top: 0px; left: 0px; z-index: 10)"] Insert the code that Flash generated here. [/div]

[div][/div] ofcourse, should be replaced by the HTML div tag.

This code essentially places your flash animation in the top left corner of your screen at a z-index of 10. If you're not familiar with 3D, the z-index is basically the third dimension, so in other words, it places it on a layer above the other content.

Hope that made sense... :)

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Will Kelly
Re: Flash Video over HTML
on Jul 27, 2008 at 8:58:11 pm

This is a pretty simple concept that I have spent tons of time trying to figure out.

Make a .swf with a streaming flv that has the alpha channel encoded.

goto http://www.swffix.org/swfobject/generator/

this will create the code you need to paste on your page. You can adjust exactly where you want it on the page.

One of the concepts of over the web is their ability to stay fixed on the screen when the page scrolls. The problem I see is that if they are trying to get away by scrolling and your video follows them...this may annoy them.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]