FORUMS: list search recent posts

[AS2.0] getURL not working in browser

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Milner
[AS2.0] getURL not working in browser
on Jul 25, 2008 at 3:24:36 pm

I have a nav bar that is composed of a bunch of movie clips, all in the root timeline. For any movie clip, I have:

abc_mc.onRelease = fuction(){
getURL("abc.html");
}

When I preview the swf in flash, the links work and open the page, but all in different browser windows. When the swf is in Dreamweaver, however, the links don't work one bit in a browser.

Everything for the entire site is in one root folder to limit problems.

---What do I need to do so the links work in a browser?

Kind Regards,
Clint Milner

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: [AS2.0] getURL not working in browser
on Jul 25, 2008 at 3:30:28 pm

Don't check from dreamweaver. Find the file in windows explorer and open it. Dreamweaver sometimes (when the file wasn't saved for instance) creates a temporary file in a completely different folder.

If that doesn't work. Try getURL("abc.html", "_SELF");

What browser/OS are you testing in?

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jul 25, 2008 at 3:46:48 pm

I've tried saving everything and closing Flash and Dreamweaver, then finding the html file and opening in Firefox and IE7 with no luck.

The nav bar is an accordian style along the left side with 5 main titles, each with at least 2 sub titles. All are movie clips, all in the main timeline. All 5 titles have an onRelease function that opens and closes different aspects of the menu which work great. Every single movie clip have a onRollOver drop shadow function that works in a Flash preview and in the browser, it's just the getURL functions that aren't working.

I've tried putting the getURL into the title onRelease's, but still nothing.

I can upload the files if needed, but I hope you all can help me out.

Kind Regards,
Clint

Return to posts index

Clint Milner
on Jul 25, 2008 at 4:15:01 pm

UPDATE...

It does work when uploaded to an FTP server.

Thank you very much.

CM

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jul 25, 2008 at 4:49:42 pm

Ask some friends to test it, see if everything holds.But yeah, sometimes that'll happen; it not working locally but then working just fine when you upload it.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]