FORUMS: list search recent posts

[AS3] Dont even know how to describe this.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Petty
[AS3] Dont even know how to describe this.
on Jul 25, 2008 at 3:21:02 pm

Hello gurus of Flash. Sorry for the vague title but I really don't have a clue what's going on with my code at this point. If I had hair I'm pretty sure it would all be gone.

I have an .AS file which can be downloaded here.

This file as is seems to work fine. However, I need to add more functionality than this currently has. The section commented "Transcript Download" needs to become active and allow the user to download a text file.

To do this, I edited my .AS file which can be found here.

As you can see, I simply copy and pasted the code that worked fine from the "Windows Media Download" section. However, as soon as I do that I generate an error on line 139 saying my functions have to be in a package.

To fix this I moved the functions up into my package which can be seen here.

When I do this I generate a new error saying "Function does not have a body" on lines 39, 43 & 47.

Obviously all I want to do is activate my "download transcript" button but I keep being lead from error to error and dont know how to fix them. Im really at the point where Im afraid once these errors are fixed something else is going to go wrong :(

Sorry for the all the downloads but didnt know another way of showing all the different code and steps Ive taken. I would really appreciate any help I could get. If any of the mods needs source files, etc I can zip them all up and email them if needed.

Thanks in advance for any info that can be provided,

Return to posts index

Kevin Petty
Re: [AS3] Dont even know how to describe this.
on Jul 25, 2008 at 5:05:36 pm

Im attempting to better simplify my problem for those willing to help me out.

Basically, here is my .AS file. The section commented "Download WMV" seems to work fine for me. I need the section "Download Transcript" to work the same way.

Again, I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved