FORUMS: list search recent posts

AS2 - Flash window stretches with Explorer window

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Graber
AS2 - Flash window stretches with Explorer window
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:37:55 pm

When I test my movies in Flash, everything looks fine, but after publishing, uploading, and viewing the page in explorer, the page is inside the explorer interface, and it stretches out to whatever size the explorer window is. How do I keep it as its' own, small window with no explorer menu bar, etc.? I suspect it's an .html thing?
I tried all of the different settings (no border, exact fit, no scale), but none of them made any difference. The page still stretches to the size of the explorer window and has all of the explorer menu bars and stuff on it. I'm sure this is a simple fix.

Using CS3 AS2

Thanks

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: AS2 - Flash window stretches with Explorer window
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:10:03 pm

When viewing your movies are you viewing the .swf file or the .html file that flash generates?

If you open the .swf file, it will stretch the .swf file to 100%. View the .html file.

If you want no toolbars, menus, you need to have a splash page that opens a popup via Javascript: Popup generator

From now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Brad Graber
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:40:59 pm

Thanks for your response. Yes, I was viewing the .swf file. I produced the code in the popup generator. Step 2 says,"". Where is that link info. supposed to be inserted?
Will this also take care of the 'This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js' error message I get when trying to view my .html files?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jul 22, 2008 at 10:56:39 am

The code you get from the generator goes in a new HTML file. This HTML file will contain a button and, when clicked, this button will open a popup window with no toolbars.

For that error you're receiving... This means that you didn't copy the AC_RunActiveContent.js file that flash created to your webhosting. When you publish your .swf, flash creates a .html and the AC_RunActiveContent Javascript file. Both need to be uploaded in order for it to work.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]