FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help directing Download button to dynamic content

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Petty
Need help directing Download button to dynamic content
on Jul 21, 2008 at 3:43:44 pm

This problem is a bit difficult for me to explain but I'll try my best.

Basically I have a Flash interface with 4 drop down boxes containing keywords. Connected to this I have an XML page containing a list of hundreds of video files. A user would select a keyword from each of the four dropdowns to narrow down the selection of videos. The user would then be able to select one of the videos generated from the list and choose to play it, download or download a transcript.

Thanks to Peiter's help I can successfully create a download button that allows the user to select a source to download the files. However, I only know how to do that when I have a set name and path for the video being downloaded. I dont actually know how to do tell the fileReference to download the selected file when the selected file is generated from variables (i.e. the keyword boxes) because the download button isnt set to a specific path for the video.

I know that sounds like a mess but its about the best way I know how to describe. I can try to provide more info if needed.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out,
Kevin

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Need help directing Download button to dynamic content
on Jul 21, 2008 at 3:47:02 pm

How do the keywords relate to the XML...? Can you post your XML structure?

From now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Kevin Petty
Re: Need help directing Download button to dynamic content
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:19:18 pm

Hi Pieter, thanks for replying so quickly. I am using AS3. Here is a sample of my XML page:

>MOVIECLIPS<
>CLIP company="1" file="001" keywords="3,6,7" name="2" products="5"
title="5"<
transcript>First Federal Bank in Galion, Ohioblah blah blah
>/CLIP<

>CLIP company="1" file="002" keywords="8" name="2" products="5" title="5"<
>transcript >/transcript<
>/CLIP<

>CLIP company="2" file="003" keywords="1,8" name="3" products="8" title="7"<
>transcript >/transcript<
>/CLIP<

I inverted all my < > so the code would show..sorry, didnt know how else to have it show up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]