I have a flash menu that uses XML to tell it what words and URLs are associated with the buttons. Obviously if I put the menu SWF into a loader it shows up just fine.
My problem comes in where I am trying to get the buttons in the menu to "link" to another part of the site. The whole site is in flash CS3 and unless I put in anchor tags (which I have found in the past on slower computers makes a clicking soudn to cycle through until it finds the right tag) I cannot just add the "URL". You can find the menu SWF and files here.
Not sure if I am making any sense here, but if you understood what I am saying and have a suggestion Im all ears! :)
"I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check!" - M.C.Escher
if the file is using getURL to load the urls then you can swap the getURL with gotoAndStop or gotoAndPlay to navigation different parts of your movieclip. In the xml file then will not pass urls of external files instead you will pass frame labels or frame numbers.