FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated GIFs

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riccardo Sinti
Animated GIFs
on Jul 15, 2008 at 8:30:06 pm

I'm new to flash.

I have made some simple banner ads animated in After Effects and Optimized in Image Ready. They look pretty crappy.
Is Flash a tool where I can do the animation and optimization all in one app?

I have attempted to recreate one of the banners and didn't have any luck publishing a Gif and HTML.
The HTML didn't work and the Gif had some crazy mistakes.

I'm looking for a tutorial or some other resource on how to publish animated gifs from flash.

Thanks

Thank You

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Animated GIFs
on Jul 16, 2008 at 7:42:10 am

Why exactly use animated gifs if you can use an .swf? In any case, for animation, the new Fireworks is probably your best bet.

What issues exactly, where you experiencing when exporting from flash?

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Riccardo Sinti
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:00:09 pm

The client specified GIFs at 23k, that's why I need to make Gif's.
Basically they need a Gif + an HTML file to add to their website.
When I publish my animation clicking on the HTML doesn't bring up the corresponding animation and when I open the Gif in my browser one of the layers which was static text turned up just a big blotch, but I fixed that by breaking apart the text.

Thank You

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:06:07 pm

Flash only creates HTML files for published .swf files. So the reason why it doesn't show up is because it is trying to access a .swf file that's not there.

The HTML to display your gif file is easy though.

describe the image

Also, make sure that your GIF uses web-safe colors (a palette of 216 colors). If you don't use those, your file might not look the same as what you designed.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Riccardo Sinti
on Jul 16, 2008 at 3:22:06 pm

that HTML doesn't show in my safari browser, but I did see it in the email. Thanks for the help.
Just a couple of questions though.

describe the image

I replaced myGif.gif with the name of the gif i want displayed right?
what does "describe the image" do?
I don't know HTML, but I tried adding that code in Text edit to the html file flash exported.

when I click on it though the code appears in my browser not the gif.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank You

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Jul 18, 2008 at 2:03:40 pm

I created a banner in Flash that, as I found out later, needed to be an animated GIF.

In Flash, you can export your movie as an animated GIF. The caveat...Flash only exports what happens on the Main timeline. This means that all animation has to be done on the Main timeline, as opposed to nested Movie Clips (i.e. the clean way).

I found out the hard way and had to rework it. This probably means lots of layers, as it did for me (especially since I was using masking).

Hope this helps.

Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]