FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash file size too large

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jayson Tin
Flash file size too large
on Jul 6, 2008 at 9:03:32 pm

Hello. I have a flash file that I made with Camtasia Studio, but the file is too large. I was wondering, what is the file size of a normal 15 minute 800x600 flash video with a fairly high quality (like Aharon's tutorials)

The smallest file size I could get with Camtasia is 20 MB for a 15 minute 800x600 video and if I compressed it any smaller than that, the quality would be unacceptable. I used the settings: 10 Frames per second, 50% JPEG Compression, .swf format, Flash Expressshow Format, 16 Bit High Color. For audio I am using .mp3 format, 22.050 kHz, Mono, 32kbits/s.

What can I do to make my file size under 10MB while still retaining a fairly good quality?
(Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I'm not sure where to post this)

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Flash file size too large
on Jul 7, 2008 at 7:12:20 am

It's practically impossible to get a file with those dimensions under 10Mb.

However, be sure to try another encoder like Flash's Video Encoder or On2 Flix, because Camtasia is a recording tool, not so much an encoding tool... So save your video in .avi format via Camtasia (filesize doesn't matter at this point, it can be 100Mb) and then import it in an FLV Encoder.

But if you want it to be less than 10Mb, you'll almost certainly have to make your video 320x240px.

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

Jayson Tin
Re: Flash file size too large
on Jul 7, 2008 at 4:09:57 pm

Ok. Thanks for your reply :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved