FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLVPlayback - undraggable seekbar Handle

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Lynch
FLVPlayback - undraggable seekbar Handle
on Jul 3, 2008 at 4:31:57 pm

Hi there. Does anyone know how I could make the seek bar handle on my FLVPlayback skin undraggable with ActionsScript 2? Here is what I've done so far, but to no avail:

1. I made a custom skin (basically ClearOverAll with a different color scheme).
2. Then I went into the SeekBarHandle movie clip and deleted the hitBG.

There is still the triangular handle to click on, so it's still draggable. My intent is to still show the seek bar so the viewer can see where in the movie they are at, but not allow them to scrub to another section. I am using embedded cue points to skip to frames which either animate text in or out at various parts of the flv. When the viewer scrubs to a portion where text is supposed to be showing but they skip over the cuepoint, the current text stays on the screen until the next cue point is hit.

There might be a better way to go about this, but I am still a beginner with Actionscript. Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Lynch
Re: FLVPlayback - undraggable seekbar Handle
on Jul 7, 2008 at 7:38:18 pm

Alright, after taking some mental time off, I've started from scratch and figured her out. I just had to break the "SeekBarHandle_mc" movie clip apart, convert it to a new button symbol (without a hit state) and rename the instance of the button symbol "seekBarHandle_mc." Hope this helps anyone who encounters the same problem.

Brian Lynch

Return to posts index

Nitasha Khanna
on Aug 17, 2009 at 1:43:50 pm

I am having the exact same problem. Were u able to find a solution for this?????? I am doing it in Actionscript 3 though. Please help!!

Thx.
Nitasha

Return to posts index

Brian Lynch
on Aug 17, 2009 at 3:07:15 pm

Hi Natasha,

Try doing what I did with the movie clip. If I remember right -- it was over a year ago -- I didn't change the ActionScript. If nothing else, try making the hit state far away from the stage, so the cursor won't be able to grab it. I think that should work regardless of which version of ActionScript you're using. I hope this helps you.

Brian Lynch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]