FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uploading Flash Page to Web

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Clark
Uploading Flash Page to Web
on Jun 27, 2008 at 10:24:45 pm

Hi,

I have almost completed my first Flash Website, finally. What is the best way to actually upload the site to the web??. Is there a recommended web hosting service I should look into? Any ideas would help. Thanks

~Adam

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Uploading Flash Page to Web
on Jun 28, 2008 at 10:27:34 am

Any webhosting will do as Flash is clientside and thus, involves no interference from the server.

The only thing you have to look out for is to always upload the three files that make the flash work.

a) the .swf file
b) the .html file in which the .swf file is embedded
c) the AC_RunActiveContent.js that is generated by flash and is necessery to embed the .swf properly in the .html file.

Best way to upload would be an FTP application like CuteFTP or SmartFTP. (I recommend Cute)

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Sher Ali
on Jun 28, 2008 at 6:44:00 pm

yes any web-hosting will work unless if your website is dependent on a server side language like .php in that case you will have to make sure that your web-hosting service has support for .php.

You should use FTP softwares like CuteFTP to upload files to your site. Dreamweaver has also a built-in ftp client so you can also use that option.

Sher Ali
Flash & Flex Developer
blog: http://www.kabulinteractive.com/blog
My FlashDen Portfolio

Return to posts index

Adam Clark
on Jun 28, 2008 at 10:13:39 pm

Great, thank you both so much, I can't wait to get started! Real quick, about how much should I be paying to have my own domain such as a .com? My page is pretty standard, a portfolio page of all my digital artwork. 1and1 has domains for $6.99 a year, but then it is around $5 a month to actually have some space to upload my flash files. Does that sound reasonable? Thanks again, man I love this site, good stuff here.

~Adam

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on Jun 28, 2008 at 11:47:26 pm

That's very reasonable. Right now I'm paying around €10 a year for my domain and 30 a year for my hosting. The sum of which is approximately 60 dollars.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]