FORUMS: list search recent posts

On2 Technologies Flix Pro - FLV Encoding

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Bengele
On2 Technologies Flix Pro - FLV Encoding
on Jun 9, 2008 at 3:13:04 am

I was looking to find out if anyone was having any success using the Flix Pro from On2 Technologies. I send 2 or 3 emails to their sales department along with several phone calls and received no response. So, based on the information posted on their web site, I still made the investment in the product. After install the encoder I did several test to see if it really delievered a better encoded product. I had several problems with the functionality of the interface, but I was still able to get my encoding done.

My video was an actor on chromakey, I resized my video and applied my chroma key within After Effects and exported an uncompressed 32 bit file to take into the encoders.

What I was looking for was software that might do a better job than the encoder that came as Adobe Flash Encoder CS3. The offer of dual pass encoding offer with Flix Pro seemed like it might be a major plus. I encoded the same video clip in both CS3 and Flix Pro with sad results. The Flix data rate setting were totally different from that of CS3. As I could not really base my test on data settings to encode to, I then decided to find a way to have have Flix produce the same size finished data file to match one created in CS3. Once I found the matching numbers I looked at the finished videos. The CS3 video was superior to that of Flix Pro.

I need to add one other note with regard to a last minute email I received from a tech fellow at Flix and his email emplied that the Flix Pro was an consumer product and not a Profession product.

So the questions I look for help with are:
1. Has anyone used the product or know anything about the product and company?
2. Have you been able to compare Flix Pro to CS3?
3. Is there a better product than CS3?

Many thanks,

Chuck Bengele
Video Visions Unlimited, Inc.
Oldsmar, Florida 34677
813-855-5660

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: On2 Technologies Flix Pro - FLV Encoding
on Jun 12, 2008 at 2:19:32 am

Hey Chuck-

I have worked with On2 software for almost 2 years now. That being said, have you tried the Sorenson Squeeze product? Took a little getting used to, but I like the speed and quality. I believe they have a demo.

Hope this helps

Tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]