FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't embed font!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pau Perez
I can't embed font!
on May 30, 2008 at 1:08:41 pm

I work with MAC. I embedded the font Myriad Pro to the library, and chose the "Myriad Pro*" for every text that I had. None of it displays it when I go to PC-Windows and test it. I haven't tested it in other macs.

Is it something about the font? What am I doing bad?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: I can't embed font!
on May 30, 2008 at 2:05:15 pm

A bit more info would be great :)

Which code are you using, if any? Are you using setTextFormat or setNewTextFormat?

Did you set the linkage name? Right-click on the font, choose Linkage... Tick export for actionscript.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Pau Perez
on May 30, 2008 at 2:18:25 pm

Well, the file is Action Script 3. I linked it for Action Script as you said, but it still doesn't work. But look, I realise that it doesn't work in a computer that has Windows XP, but it does work in a computer with Vista.

Return to posts index

Pau Perez
on May 30, 2008 at 2:34:28 pm

Ok, I just checked the Windows Vista computer and it has installed Myriad Pro, that's why it worked there :p

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
on May 30, 2008 at 2:44:44 pm

You still haven't told me whether you are using any kind of code to programmatically create the textfield... :)

If not... Click on the textfield on the stage and in the properties panel click on "Embed..." Just select the glyphs you want to embed there (usually that's "Basic Latin", "Punctuation" (and "Latin I" if you're using spanish extraordinary letters I think)

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Pau Perez
on May 30, 2008 at 2:51:16 pm

No, I didn't use any kind of code to create the text field. Ok, I will do that, but I'll have to go to all the text fields of the documents, I hope this will increase the size of the file once for all the text fields...

Also one thing I didn't comment: static text that I use for some buttons doesn't have the font embedded either! This is very weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]