FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash floating on top of site hides links below

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Smith
Flash floating on top of site hides links below
on May 29, 2008 at 12:58:09 pm

In a website where I've created a 30 second Flash .swf that floats above the site using

div align="center" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 100%; margin: 0px auto;"

I've found that even after the video is done playing and the .swf is nothing but a blank, transparent file, it still prevents the viewer from clicking on anything that's a link beneath it, as if it's a clear piece of glass blocking access.

The flash file itself is quite simple, a single frame that calls in an external .flv

Is there ActionScript that can clear the movie away so that the links beneath are accessible once the movie is done? I believe there might be a JavaScript solution to this, but (without getting into the entire nature of the project here) adding a lot of JavaScript to the client's page isn't an ideal solution.

I'm not terribly familiar with how event listeners work, but am hoping there's some way there can be a listener that checks when the movie is done and then clears things away so that the links below are clickable.

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]