FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help turning flash video file into a link!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lotter
Help turning flash video file into a link!
on May 22, 2008 at 3:41:15 pm

Hi, I'm new to Flash. I was given the task of creating a Flash ad that would link to a website. I created the animation (a series of dissolves between 3 JPGs) in After Effects and exported as both a .flv and a .swf. I've tried experimenting in Flash to see if I could do this on my own, but to no avail. I need help. I know my situation is different because I didn't create the animation using Flash. All I want to be able do is turn this 15 second looping clip into a hyperlink. Could someone lend some advice?

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Help turning flash video file into a link!
on May 23, 2008 at 8:24:33 pm

Open a new Actionscript 2 file.

Import the swf file into flash via File > Import > Import to Stage... Select your .swf and click Open.

This will create a movieclip on your main timeline. Click on the movieclip and in the properties panel, give it an instance name (for example banner_mc)

Now create a new layer, call it actions and click on the first frame. Open up your actions panel (Windows > Actions or F9) and type the following code:

banner_mc.onRelease = function() {
getURL("myUrl.html", "_blank");
}

That's all there is to it :)

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Christian Anderson
Re: Help turning flash video file into a link!
on Aug 4, 2008 at 7:19:51 pm

After embedding my SWF in HTML, it still appears to be unlinked to anything. I followed the instructions to a tee. Ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]