FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wiggling pencil drawings?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Brown
Wiggling pencil drawings?
on May 16, 2008 at 9:59:05 pm

So I've drawn a simple little drawing using just the good old pencil. Nothing fancy.

It occurs to me that a simple way of giving a single drawing a little animated life is by undertaking to achieve the cliche effect you see in commercials all the time, where they draw the same image or text three or four times, each with subtle differences, and cycle through those frames. Visually, it's somewhat as though the image or text is wiggling a bit.

I could definitely achieve the same thing if I re-drew my drawing a couple more times, but in this case, that would take a heck of a lot of time, mainly because I took great pains to finetune the lines and their intersections. Plus I'm really not all that positive how I would go about it, outside of saving the frame as an image, re-importing it, and then re-drawing it a bit at a time, cutting the imported image out to check my progress and undoing the cut to return it to place.

Anyway, since it's such a ubiquitous effect and probably ridiculously easy to achieve in a vector-based drawing application, I figure there's a plugin, or maybe even a built-in method. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
Re: Wiggling pencil drawings?
on May 18, 2008 at 1:08:43 am

Hey Marc,
Try this plug in,ScribbleBot, it might do what you need:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved