FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help a newbie with her timeline!

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurel Jones
Help a newbie with her timeline!
on May 15, 2008 at 4:30:05 pm

(Something to keep in mind: I learned Flash 7 a few years ago (quite in depth, actually) but forgot it all. Just recently, I have picked up a tutorial book and have kind-of gotten back into it. I know the basics, but be gentle in your advice.)

I need help! I have created an interactive flash animation on our company's landing page that shows you how the product exercises the muscles. I am having trouble with my timeline, I beleive.

Check it out here, bottom of right column:

Ideally, what I want to happen is the individual movie clips will spin and then stop. Once you click on them, it will show you a close up of a figure and highlight what muscles that exercise uses. Then, once you click on the next exercise, the one you were on will go back to a static (non-spinning) image of the exercise and will stay that way, no matter whether you skip around or go from first to last exercise (this only makes sense if you look at the above link).

Right now I have one flash file that contains 4 movie clips/buttons (each of the exercises).They are in their seperate layers in the first frame. In each layer, there is the first movie clip (spinning) in frame 1; in the next frame I have the movie clip that highlights the muscle groups which plays once you click on the first movie clip. Directly after this, in the next frame, I have a button/jpg of the original exercise that does not spin, but when clicked will take you to the highlighted movie clip. The frames are stacked, so that each of the highlighting clips are one frame further down the line than the layer on top of it, so they don't play at the same time.

Therein lies my problem. For example, if you click on the last exercise, then click on the second exercise, the exercises beneath it spin because on the second layer, the highlighting movie clip is on the same frame as these movie clips' spinning image (if that doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll show you an image of my timeline).

What I need help on is how to keep this from happening. Again, this all might not make much sense, but please ask me if you need further clarification.

ANY ideas?

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Help a newbie with her timeline!
on May 15, 2008 at 4:48:22 pm

Hello Laurel,

This seems like an easy enough problem to fix, but it is hard without having a look at your files. If you'd like, send me an e-mail with your .fla at doccie [at] gmail [dot] com and I will have a look at it for you.

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved