FORUMS: list search recent posts

Site architecture suggestions?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terrence Dunlop
Site architecture suggestions?
on May 13, 2008 at 6:03:09 pm

I'm designing my first flash site for the building that I work in.

I've imported an illustrator style that has a horizontal menu bar above a "viewer." The content of the viewer displays pages with an image and text (about info, contact info, specs info, etc.) when the viewer clicks a button.

I will eventually want to tastefully animate the buttons, and probably fade the images in from white in the viewer.

My question is about the flash doc's architecture: should I make each button a movie and then give each button its own timeline?

How about using one timeline for all the static info pages and then having a separate movie clip timeline for the "images" button that plays an image gallery?

I know there's a conventional wisdom - I'm just such a newbie I don't know what it is ... any suggestions?

Thanks to anyone who has a second ...

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: Site architecture suggestions?
on May 13, 2008 at 6:44:29 pm

My question is about the flash doc's architecture: should I make each button a movie and then give each button its own timeline?

Yep, this is how I would do it :) I usually prefer movieclip symbols over buttons (you're not limited to the four states...)

How about using one timeline for all the static info pages and then having a separate movie clip timeline for the "images" button that plays an image gallery?

Again, correct... Try using actionscript for loading the movieclips onto the stage and to fade tween them.

Kind regards,
Pieter

Return to posts index

Terrence Dunlop
Re: Site architecture suggestions?
on May 28, 2008 at 7:17:54 pm

Thanks Pieter -

I've got nifty tweens up for the image, then the text boxes over it that I've actionscripted - here's my current issue (if you have a second)

when I test the movie I click one of the navigation buttons, its objects fade in. But when I click the next button it won't trigger the next screen.

Do I need a removeChildAt command at the start of the next button click, to clear the slate?

or is it something else? any suggestions?

Should I get the timeline involved?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]