FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame1 is blank but its size is = half the SWF

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Shover
Frame1 is blank but its size is = half the SWF
on May 9, 2008 at 4:03:48 pm

I am having an issue with adding a preloader to my site, the issue is that the frames I put the preloader on are so large that it takes a while to download the preloader. I know this problem has been widely discussed on this forum, my issue takes a slight turn away from what I have read here previously. so I have all my content on frame2 and frame1 is for the preloader, even though frame1 is blank it still has a size that is equal to almost half of the entire SWF. Why is half the content being loaded on the first frame when it is a blank key frame?

I am fairly new to Flash CS3, I'm probably doing something wrong. Any thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Justin

Return to posts index

Ross Gerbasi
Re: Frame1 is blank but its size is = half the SWF
on May 13, 2008 at 3:34:12 pm

Are you using any components, or Linked Movieclips?

In your library do you have anything set to export on the first frame?

-ross

Return to posts index

Justin Shover
Re: Frame1 is blank but its size is = half the SWF
on May 13, 2008 at 9:00:42 pm

Thanks for your response.

Nothing linked, and I'm not sure what it means to have something export on frame1.

However I did just figure out a way to make this work. Instead of having my preloader on frame1 and the MC containing the rest of my content on the remaining frames, I published my content to a SWF and then used the loader function with the prelaoder to load the external SWF. I would guess that is the prefered method anyway.

Thanks Again,
-Justin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]