FORUMS: list search recent posts

flv embed in mac mail?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
monica rubio
flv embed in mac mail?
on Apr 24, 2008 at 10:42:12 am

Hello there,
I just had received an email with an flv file embedded. It just appeared at the bottom of the email. I have been trying to figure out how can I do the same. I am not a flash user but know the basics. I really appreciate any help.
have a lovely day.

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: flv embed in mac mail?
on May 3, 2008 at 7:49:06 pm

With Mail you have to publish a html page, host it and then in Safari visit the page, select File/Mail Contents of This Page. Mail opens up a new message with the web page in it.

When making the web page make sure to always use long descriptions of your paths for the Flash or any other images: http://

Don't use any scripting. Many email clients will assume its a virus and kick it out.

Its also important to realize that a lot of email clients will ignore the object and embed tags used to to embed the flash file, so the flash may not show up. I think Outlook and Thunderbird do that.

When ever sending any html email its good to put a link to a page of the same content that people can do to if the message doesn't load right.

One last thing. you cant forward these messages with Mail the recipient just gets html code.

Adam Ashby
mutli-media artist
FDC Productions, Denver, CO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved