FORUMS: list search recent posts

Puzzling Animation Script Error

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Rottenberg
Puzzling Animation Script Error
on Apr 16, 2008 at 4:27:56 pm

Hello Flash Forum Folks,

Am new to Flash - but have been working in After Effects for years. Bought a template at TemplateMonster.com and populated it with my content. But, one of the image galleries, isn't displaying the accurate thumbnails in the second image gallery. My site can be seen here: http://www.ekrphoto.com - check out the last five thumbnail in the Asia gallery.

Here's what has me scratching my head. The sub (nested) timeline that has the thumbnails for that specific image gallery have the accurate thumbnails and the timeline above it (also nested, but one level up) has what appears the right Action Script - as it looks exactly the same for the first thumbnail as it does the 12th. This is true for all three galleries. Here's what the script looks like for the 1st thumbnail:

onClipEvent (load) {
num = 1;
}
on (rollOver) {
this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
}
on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
}
on (release) {
if (_root.pic_num<>num and _root.pic_animation == 1) {
_root.pic_num_prev = _root.pic_num;
_root.pic_num = num;
_parent.ob1.gall.play();
}
}

Here's what the script looks like for the 12th thumbnail:

onClipEvent (load) {
num = 12;
}
on (rollOver) {
this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
}
on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
}
on (release) {
if (_root.pic_num<>num and _root.pic_animation == 1) {
_root.pic_num_prev = _root.pic_num;
_root.pic_num = num;
_parent.ob1.gall.play();
}
}
Can anyone help me fix this and figure out why the .swf is outputting the wrong thumbnails? Thanks a ton.

Bonus question: I would love, love, love to have the animation behavior modified upon mouse click selecting a thumbnail to stay in the open (as if it was rolled over) position. I want it to stay open until the next thumbnail is click selected or another gallery is selected. Also, when the site is fully loaded, the first gallery is open - I want the first (top left) thumbnail to be in the open position, and all two subsequent galleries to behave the same. How would I modify the Action Script to achieve this?

Thanks a ton.

Respectfully,

Eric K. Rottenberg
eric@ekrphoto.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]