FORUMS: list search recent posts

a flash video within a flash video

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcy Wrege
a flash video within a flash video
on Apr 15, 2008 at 6:39:41 pm

I have made a powerpoint slideshow using flash video. In the slideshow there is a slide where you have to press play to watch a video. This video was saved as a flash video, as well. My problem is that after creating all of this, and watching it back, the play button (i think it is called the skin) is missing from the video that is within the video. There is no way to watch the video. It just moves to the next slide. Can someone help me?

Return to posts index

John Castelli
Re: a flash video within a flash video
on Apr 15, 2008 at 8:25:26 pm

I'm pretty new to flash, but from what I understand, a workaround might be to create a button within your flash project, linking it to your movie that is in flash as well. As far as the coding goes, I'd have to be at home with a reference! But I think you can code the button to load the other movie and play it, load it and stop it where they would then have control over when to play it, etc.

Sorry on the lack of details, like I said, I'm new to flash but I hope this helps a little, or gives you an idea that will solve your problem!

Return to posts index

Marcy Wrege
on Apr 16, 2008 at 5:46:50 pm

Thank you, John. That sounds like it would probably work.

Return to posts index

Benjamin Tattersley
on Apr 23, 2008 at 6:05:17 pm

You would be surprised how often i do this with my video players for my schoolwork (yes i'm young but i can still make a damn good flash app :D) When you imported the video, if you chose to use a built in skin for the play controls, the skin is saved as a seperate .swf. You will be able to identify it by the name. Place that in the same folder as your flash video files and you should have your player :)

Hope this works for you!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]