FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Question - on and off

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin LaBonty
Sound Question - on and off
on Apr 14, 2008 at 10:35:10 pm

I have a flash website template I purchased. It is up and running fine and has an ambient music playing throughout the site. Now I have added a video. When the user starts the video I need the web site ambient music to stop and let the video play with sound. Once the user leaves the page of video's, I want to turn back on the ambient music. How and where do I do that? Action script on the video itself? What would the code look like? Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Justin Parker
Re: Sound Question - on and off
on May 6, 2008 at 1:57:02 am

I have the identical question. did you ever figure out how to do it?

Return to posts index

Jack Anderson
on May 7, 2008 at 12:57:27 am

Hi Kevin,

I did something very similar with a flash template and I just want to get the amient sound off the site. I found the ambient sound file called loop.wav and imported a blank file with the same name. When I do a publish preview the sound is gone for flash and html but when I publish / save and then go the the index.html with a web browser the sound is still there. I then just went into the library and deleted the file all together and the same scenio. No sound in publish preview but still there when I save and publish. Do you have any idea how to delete the ambient sound ?

Thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Kevin LaBonty
on May 7, 2008 at 11:54:46 pm

Try this action script verb:

stopallsounds();

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]