FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash project works differently from browser (IE vs Firefox)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Parker
flash project works differently from browser (IE vs Firefox)
on Apr 9, 2008 at 6:28:01 pm

Hello, I'm a little confused by this issue i've got. I have a flash site that works fine straight from the swf, and even works fine from internet explorer, but when I run it from firefox for some reason it doesn't work. I have no clue why browsers would make any difference!

Basically I've got a flash site that has a main flash file that has the navigation and acts as the holder, then its got a few individual swf files that get loaded into the main file. Each of the individual swf files have a few different sub sections. In order to get the main file to communicate with the individual swfs I used this method:

Click on a section and the timeline jumps to a frame that has the following code:

_root.goWhere = "subsection's name here";
_root.blank_mc.loadMovie("section.swf");
stop();

Then within the external swf on the first frame there is actionscript that says:

gotoAndPlay(_root.goWhere);

I hope i'm explaining this logically. But for whatever reason it seems like when using firefox that "goWhere" variable gets ignored b/c rather than jumping to the correct frame it just plays from the beginning.

Any thoughts? I know this is a little confusing, but I really don't understand what a browser has to do with any of it.

Thank you in advanced! I"m really stuck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]