FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ripping quicktime

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Toth
Ripping quicktime
on Apr 3, 2008 at 12:06:58 am

Hey guys,

So we're running a 1920*1200 presentation on a widescreen touch monitor, and the interface is a rotating object timed out to flash so different times activate different functions. The problem is that the video is 'tearing' and 'stuttering.' We've done tests with h.264 and .flv in a slew of different compression options, and the H.264 of course looks the best, but still tears like hell. Objects are consistently moving from left to right.

We just tried to optimize and overclock the video cards, but thats not really helping. We're running core 2 duos @ 2.4ghz and 256mb 8800gts nvidia cards with 2gigs of ram. They're feeding 24" widescreen/touch elo displays.

Functionality is at 100% b/c our flash guy is great, but the video just doesn't want to play smooth. Its running at 30fps if that means anything.

Anyone have any suggestions? We've tried almost everything, except lowering the fps to 24, which I'm not super comfortable with. I'm not a flash person, I'm the animator who created the looping animation.

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: Ripping quicktime
on Apr 3, 2008 at 11:54:19 pm

I've been having some issues with flash video playback, including h.264. I've noticed that the PC we have plays alot better than the Macs (G5 & G4s, I don't know about Intel). When its just a video player, custom or otherwise, the both do great, but more than that it the Macs get really choppy. Even more when the vid contains a lot of motion and the larger the video.

I think lowering the bit rate and frame rate will both help. Obviously, you start to loose quality. Is it possible to use video with smaller dimensions? That might help quite a bit.

Adam Ashby
mutli-media artist
FDC Productions, Denver, CO
http://www.fdcproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]